news from effie's studio
Lots of cashmere goodies have just been listed in the shop! Most are one-of-a-kind, so order early to avoid disappointment! Shop Cashmere.
If your loved ones are far away and you're mailing gifts, shipping can add a whole other layer of stress. Skip the lineup at the post office and let me ship your gift directly to them!
I wrap all gift orders & enclose a complimentary gift note with your personal message. Just leave a note at the checkout and I'll write it on a gift card and send the package directly to the recipient!
I absolutely LOVE it - nothing feels softer or more indulgent than plush, felted cashmere! I look for old, past-their-prime sweaters especially, but as long as it's 100% cashmere and I like the colour, I'll usually snap it up. Once I get them home, I carefully inspect and repair each piece, then felt (basically shrink) them until they’re even thicker and softer than they started out (for supreme coziness!).
For the past few years, I’ve been making cashmere hot water bottle covers to sell during the holiday season, and this year’s selection is larger than ever! Most of them are still one-of-a-kind, though, so if you see one you like, don’t wait! Check them out here.
This year I've also been working on designing some new cashmere goodies, because the piles (and shelves, and bins...) of super soft cashmere are just too fabulous to resist. It's not the easiest material to work with, but it's a lot of fun! Watch for some new items to make an appearance soon - and leave a comment below if there's a cozy item you'd like to see made from cashmere!
A few of the handmade items I'm currently coveting...
Clockwise from top left:
1. Herringbone Mug / Elizabeth Benotti Ceramics
2. Chevron Necklace / Bird of Virtue
3. Rectangle Earrings / Lee Bonk Boutique
4. Abstract Circles Paper Print / Sheepshead Design
5. Scalloped Bucket / Jenna Rose Handmade
6. Woodpile Fabric / Skinny laMinx
Notice a bit of a trend here? #PatternObsessed
Searching for the perfect gift for your bridesmaids? Custom travel jewelry rolls are popular with brides and bridesmaids alike, and because they're handmade there are lots of ways to make them unique!
1) Custom selection. Choose your favorites from the available options in my shop – either a different one for each of your girls, or multiples of the one you like best!
2) Customize the inside fabric. This recent set has one of my standard fabrics on the outside, but the bride wanted a special color for the interior. She sent me a photo of one of her wedding items so I could find fabric to match, and voila! – a custom set just for her.
Since our individual ideas about color can vary, providing a photo or a link to something in the right shade can be a great place to start. I'll reply with a snapshot of some options, and you can confirm your selection. Sometimes there’s a bit of back-and-forth to get things just right, but it’s pretty quick & painless!
3) Variations on a theme. Choose a single print for the outside, then use each bridesmaid’s favorite color or even shades from your wedding flowers for the interior fabrics, so each jewelry roll is similar, but unique.
4) Additional options. Finally, if you're looking for something specific but don't see it in my shop, I’m more than happy to source custom fabric options locally or online. Just as long as there’s enough lead time (5 weeks+) before the wedding!
Here's what some recent brides have said about their orders:
- These were beautifully crafted and exactly what I was hoping for, thank you! - C.
- Excellent service, order is perfect, I'm sure my bridesmaids will love them! - L.
- The jewelry clutches were so cute! All my bridesmaids loved them! Thank you. - S.
- My bridesmaids loved these! - C.